Friday, June 29, 2007

Day 10- June 26, 2007






Today we went to Extension 23 and planted 4 eco gardens. The gardens consist of a piping system that forms a circle. Seven circles are attached to the big circle and are used for irrigation. We dig 7 large holes and put in compost and worms to help with fertilizing the dirt. We also mulch each circle. We were able to put in the gardens for 2 young ladies that came to our Bible school named Matilda and Rebecca. They are neighbors. In the afternoon, we planted a garden for a grandfather and his grandchildren and a family whose parents had died and the oldest child was 19 and caring for his younger brothers and sisters.


Tonight for dinner we had an authenic African meal of chicken heads and feet. Needless to say I did not try it. I put it on my plate but did not partake.


This has been a wonderful experience for me. God is alive and well and working all over this BIG world. I am glad I was allowed to be used by Him.

No comments: